Friday 24 May 2013

MY SATURATED CANARY VIDEO, GUEST SPOT & SHOUT OUT TO THE WONDERFUL KRISTA SMITH

Hey there people,

As you may know, as it's in my sidebar, I am the Team leader for the Design Team on YT of Saturated Canary, and another idea of mine was to allow the ladies on mine and Krista's design team (Krista, is the lovely Krista Smith, artist & owner of Saturated Canary, if you didn't know already, can't believe there's many peeps in the craft world who haven't heard of her) a guest spot once a week to showcase & share with followers what they can do with their stamps, digi or rubbah! as well as their videos that they do every week too, they are a lovely bunch of girlies and I love each and everyone of them, including our gracious & very unassuming Krista, whom in my opinion is not only a fantastic mama & business woman but an awesome human being who listens intently to my madcap schemes, allows them and has always pardoned this mad English woman who stalks her!! LOL.......
Anyway, she is very modest and will probably hate this blog post, upto now, but I don't care!! she won't blow her own trumpet and I understand that as I am the same but I will blow it for her, she is a blooming good 'boss' if I can call her that.........she'll hate that too.........(sticks tongue out) nah nah nah nah nah............lol

So, here is my guest spot project and also is my video this time, you can see the video here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOqzqQQb7lQ  for Part 1 and here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FSGnTcxEEAs for Part.2 the reason I made 2 videos this time was I thought now and again, it is nice to see how a larger project is made from start to finish and because of my channel I am allowed longer videos however, I still broke it up into 2 videos as the first one is 'how to do a crackle effect' Where I turn a boring piece of MDF into a vintage looking cracked piece of wood with normal PVA glue and acrylic paint. Now I have done this before a few years back but that was on my personal channel Vixcrafts here http://www.youtube.com/user/vixcrafts so that is why I made the project into 2 videos for people who already can do or know this technique and are only interested in the actual project. I made the 2nd video with 'warts an all' deliberately crafting 'on the hoof' so not knowing what I want it to look like in the end or what I wanted to use, with emphasis on the concept of composition, texture and colour combos!  for those that either aren't sure about these things or haven't done this before.

So, IF YOU ARE STILL WITH ME AFTER ALL THAT, LOL without further ado, here are my pics!!! Hope you like my project


8 comments:

  1. Oh my Vicky this is stunning! Love these cute images and your design is fantastic!!!!

    Hugs
    Linda xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww that is so lovely Linda, thankyou so much for that compliment, I truly appreciate it hugs always, Vick xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely stunning, I love everything about it.
    A great gift for a girl of any age!!!

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Vick from your newest follower.... I love this door hanging and spotted it on Krista's Facebook page... so hopped over and am just about to go see your video on You Tube!! Particularly love the crackle glaze effect!

    I'm also in the wonderful county of Yorkshire... though a bit north of you - in Wetherby. It's good to 'meet' you... and I look forward to seeing your future creations! I also have a YT channel.... cardsbychristine... and of course, a blog too.. if you fancy popping over. I'm a fellow fan of Krista's images... I just treated myself to one of her new ones and can't wait to have a go!

    Hugs
    Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful!! Loved your tutorial and following your design thought process :-) look forward to seeing the promised tutorial of that pretty butterfly, looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute door hanger, may even try one myself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I agree Krista is one amazing woman. I love what you did here Vicki, you are pretty amazing yourself x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh that is just beautiful....xxx

    ReplyDelete